Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Report
Suneel M
Hi ,
I am using BIRT3.7. I need to display two table in the report.i created two datasets for each table while creation of rptDesign file.
In the UI side i am able to delete one row from any table & also i have drag and drop rows from one table to another table and also i am able to delete one column from any table . after that i need to generate report with these new changes.
But my rptdesign file is already created before doing this changes from UI .
How i am going generate report with the changes which i done from UI side every time ?
(Note: If save the new changes in DB , the original data on each table is going to be lost.)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue. If you have a report already made and you make changes to it, why not save it as a new report design and then use it when you want that design? If you want to be able to show/hide certain columns/rows in a report, you could set up parameters to control the visibility of these in the dynamic visibility expression in the property editor. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Can you explain a little more in detail? Thanks!
Suneel M
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="106994" data-time="1341592894" data-date="06 July 2012 - 09:41 AM"><p>
I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue. If you have a report already made and you make changes to it, why not save it as a new report design and then use it when you want that design? If you want to be able to show/hide certain columns/rows in a report, you could set up parameters to control the visibility of these in the dynamic visibility expression in the property editor. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Can you explain a little more in detail? Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
Suneel M
Hi,
In the Actuate, we have interactive viewer is there to achieve report customization on the fly.
That is we can add and delete any content on the report.
the same thing how i can achieve in BIRT 3.7 ?
mwilliams
You would have to build all the interactivity yourself. There is nothing like the interactive viewer, for OS BIRT. When Actuate 11SP4 is released, it will have BIRT 3.7, in it.