Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Skipping unselected parameters
lgudait
Hi All,
I'm trying to design a report where I have a number of parameters for clients to choose to create a customized report. Let's use state, and vendor type as examples. I want to design a report where the clients can choose 1 or both of the options, or leave them blank (which would provide the full population).
Is there a way to design a report such that if a client does not select a parameter (which I'm using as a filter on the data set), it will essentially pretend the filter doesn't exist? For example, if a client selects a report for all california records but wants to see all vendor types, they would select the state from the parameter drop down, and leave the vendor drop down blank.
Thanks,
Laura
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rawesso
Hi,
See the attached report. When no condition is provided for the filter, all the records are returned.
Thanks
lgudait
I was wondering what the application of dynamic filters would be. This worked great - thanks!
I have 2 follow up questions:
1) Is there a way to have the default condition be "no condition" when only one operator is selected? It looks like when there's 1 operator, a default is required, whereas, when there are multiple operators, no default is required.
2) Is there a way for the user to select the fields to sort on before the report runs? (i.e. instead of using the interactive viewer)