Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Not sure if I should use a Parameter or a Variable
rushtonjj
I have these forms that are printed with data from a CSV. Normally they are printed to a form on a special impact printer which has the different color pages. However, we also have a laser printable form which indicates in the header and footer which color the page is; Pink, White, Yellow, Buff and Green.
Now my problem. I'm not sure if I should use a Parameter or a Variable. It will be passed from are stand-alone API and then I would use the field to determine the name of the text; "White", "Pink" and so on... But the actual header has to be those colors too.
I want to use Map because it seems to have the ability to determine the results of the variable/parameter, but I'm confused as to how to pass that to the report at runtime.
Thanks in advance,
rushtonjj
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
How are you calling your reports? With the web viewer, by URL? Or are you using the report engine, directly? Either way, passing your value through a parameter should be easy.
rushtonjj
Report Engine and we'd like to use the parameter to update a style and a text box... I think we've figure it out. I'll post the solution when we get it done.
mwilliams
If you've created a parameter in your design, all you need to do to pass the value through, when you're running the report in java is to set the parameter value in the task, like:
task.setParameterValue("paramName",paramVal);