Hi there!<br />
<br />
(I am not totally sure this is a BIRT issue, but I have to start somewhere...

)<br />
<br />
I need help with my project which uses JAX-WS (axis2) for the web service generation (bottom-up) and BIRT 3.7 for the report engine. The challenge is the solution must run in Websphere 8 and Geronimo v3 with Tomcat 7 (or similar). I will probably try Geronimo v3 with Jetty now...<br />
<br />
So far I got almost all the pieces, except the generated services from Geronimo v3 are not compatible with the BIRT 3.7 engine. When I try to get the schema from the RESPONSE of the WSDL for the data set and set the XPath I get: <strong class='bbc'>org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: XML data source cannot be retrieved.XML data source file is invalid or the file doesn't exist.</strong><br />
<br />
The only difference I see in the WSDL generated is the schema location:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
WEBSPHERE 8 - points to file...
<types>
<xsd:schema>
<xsd:import schemaLocation="ReportService_schema1.xsd"
namespace="http://soap.ws.ontario.bl.autologic.com/"/>
</xsd:schema>
</types>
Geronimo - points to URL...
<types>
<xsd:schema>
<xsd:import schemaLocation="http://localhost:8080/BL/ReportService?xsd=xsd1"
namespace="http://soap.ws.ontario.bl.autologic.com/"/>
</xsd:schema>
</types>
</pre>
<br />
I know the services work in Geronimo since I can execute them successfully in SoapUI.<br />
<br />
The other part I don't get is... If I only change the connection hostname:port in the profile to point from Websphere to Geronimo and try to PREVIEW, the report doesn't work. But at the end the WSDL and Schema are the same.<br />
<br />
The only difference I can see is the schema location, which kinds of makes sense in my head with the error I am seeing.<br />
<br />
IDEAS PLEASE....