Hi,<br />
<br />
I have just started to develop a report with a cascading parameters group and I was stunned to find two things. <br />
<br />
1. The first parameter cannot be a normal parameter. I have a list (days of the week) I want to use in a select box that will use a key in a language file, and there appears to be no way of doing this with a parameter in the cascading group. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/24046-cascading-parameters-with-static-values'>This person was asking something similar</a>.<br />
<br />
2. Dates in a cascading group have to use a select box and be dynamically generated. It is not possible to use my nifty little date picker that I have implemented to specify a date range at the beginning of the cascade.<br />
<br />
Both these problems stem from the assumption that ALL the data in a cascade is dynamic, but surely a static starting variable(s) is valid too?<br />
<br />
If I have this wrong, I would be pleased to be proven wrong.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br />
Stephen