Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can Dynamic Filter Parameters be ordered on parameter page?
lgudait
I'm trying to create a report with multiple parameters. A few are regular, a few are dynamic filter parameters. The dynamic filter ones automatically appear at the top of the parameter screen, and will not allow me to reorder them using the dragging method outlined in the field guide for regular parameters.
Is there a work around?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
It appears that the dynamic filter parameters are not able to be dragged, but if you drag the regular parameters around the dynamic filter parameters, it should allow them to be in a different order.
lgudait
Thanks for the suggestion!
I tried it out, and this works for individual parameters, but the dynamic filter parameters automatically appear before any parameter groups you may have, which is a bit of a bummer (especially if you need to cascade a few of them, since these must be in a group). Also, the dynamic filters appear in the order you create them, which isn't necessarily the order you want them to appear on the parameters page.
I'm interested if anyone had any alternate ideas on how I could reorganize the parameters screen when parameter groups are necessary. I'm JavaScript illiterate, but I can usually do some basic manipulation if given a sample.
mwilliams
You're right. It appears to be more a problem with the parameter groups, than it does with the dynamic filter parameters. If you have regular parameters, parameter groups, and dynamic parameters, the groups are always on the bottom. The others can be mixed. In open source BIRT, this doesn't appear to be an issue. The parameter group parameters are listed in the order that you drag and drop them into, however, they're not labeled. I'll let you know if I find anything else.