Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
e-mail notification using cfg
jsw971
I'm trying to figure out what elements are required in a .cfg file to make author/reviewer e-mail notification work. I created a cfg file with the same (pre-suffix) file name as the workflow with the following lines:
email_notification_to_author=yes
email_notification_to_reviewer=yes
author_email_header_template=author_iwmailheader.tpl
author_email_body_template=author_iwmailbody.tpl
reviewer_email_header_template=reviewer_iwmailheader.tpl
reviewer_email_body_template=reviewer_iwmailbody.tpl
review_type=user:NTDOMAIN\user1 (used actual id in file)
Additionally, I have successfully tested a workflow that included an e-mail notification task, so I know that the SMTP configuration is correct. I set up a simple workflow with a single approval task, but no e-mail notification gets sent out when I kick off the workflow. Basically I have a few questions:
1. What, if anything, is the configuration file missing to make e-mail notification work?
2. How does TeamSite decide which tasks to send notification out on, if you're using a .cfg file for notification?
3. How does TeamSite know who the author is, since you cannot specify that in the cfg file?
4. The main reason I'm doing this is to be able to send notifications to groups via "review_type=grouptask[...]". Is a cfg file the best/only way of accomplishing this, and if not, what is?
5. Is there any place where workflow cfg files are documented more thoroughly and in a more task-oriented fashion than in the Workflow Developer's Guide?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet