Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Manipulating report parameters
frames88
Where to manipulate a report parameter before assigning to query parameter?
- I have a report parameter of type String.
- I have a data set query that takes two parameters start date and end date of type Date.
- Based on the report parameter value, I need to calculate and set them to query parameters.
Say, report parameter value is LastMonth, then I want to calculate the start and end of last month and set them to start date and end date query parameters.
Any help is appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rawesso
I would create two hidden parameters of type Date and then in the report Initialize, I parse the string parameter and set the two hidden parameters that will be passed to the query.
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?
frames88
Couldn't respond earlier, was on vacation.
Thanks for the suggestion. I got it working now using report initialize.
I am using BIRT 3.7.2.
mwilliams
Great to hear! Let us know whenever you have questions! Hopefully someone in the community will always have a good answer, for you!