Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Fixed height of table row (can auto grow?)
Vision
Hello,
I'd like to set fixed height of table row,so when a table of contents than the cell isn't able to display,
how can i set the row to fixed height and can auto grow?
Vision
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can either set it to a fixed height or you can leave it blank so that it sizes automatically. I'm not certain I'm understanding the issue completely. Can you explain a little more in detail?
Vision
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107294" data-time="1342645736" data-date="18 July 2012 - 02:08 PM"><p>
You can either set it to a fixed height or you can leave it blank so that it sizes automatically. I'm not certain I'm understanding the issue completely. Can you explain a little more in detail?<br /></p></blockquote>
I am doing report to use a grid loaded inside a table, and the each row of grid is fixed height, table inside the line number on the display.But I need the grid each line is fixed height occupying, Table, when grid will automatically increase.
Vision
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107294" data-time="1342645736" data-date="18 July 2012 - 02:08 PM"><p>
You can either set it to a fixed height or you can leave it blank so that it sizes automatically. I'm not certain I'm understanding the issue completely. Can you explain a little more in detail?<br /></p></blockquote>
When I make the report form, I use a grid which include a table, each row of the grid with the fixed height, but when the table is increased the line number, it cann't be shown. It is necessary that the grid with fixed height as placeholder, so what I want is the grid could increase the height automatically when increasing the line number in the table.
mwilliams
So, you want the grid to have a fixed minimum height, but if the table reaches a certain number of lines, you want to undo the fixed height. Am I now understanding correctly?
Vision
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107382" data-time="1342796348" data-date="20 July 2012 - 07:59 AM"><p>
So, you want the grid to have a fixed minimum height, but if the table reaches a certain number of lines, you want to undo the fixed height. Am I now understanding correctly?<br /></p></blockquote>
that is right
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll try to make you an example, in your version.
Vision
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107454" data-time="1343057454" data-date="23 July 2012 - 08:30 AM"><p>
What is your BIRT version? I'll try to make you an example, in your version.
<br /></p></blockquote>
My BIRT version is:2.6.2<br />
ths.
mwilliams
Here's one way you can do it.
Pravin Kumar
<p><span>please</span> help me, <span>i</span> <span>cant</span> extend the table height to fit <span>page</span>..</p>
mwilliams
<p>Hi Pravin,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you have fixed height rows? Or do you have multi-line rows (text wrap)?</p>
blueboy410
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="108624" data-time="1345231752">
<div>
<p>Here's one way you can do it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Hi.. do you mind to share the trick? This is exactly what I want.. </p>
JFreeman
<p>Did you download/examine the sample report Michael is referring to in that post?</p>
<p>Do you have a specific question about the sample?</p>
blueboy410
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JFreeman" data-cid="137802" data-time="1436974491">
<div>
<p>Did you download/examine the sample report Michael is referring to in that post?</p>
<p>Do you have a specific question about the sample?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Ah sorry, maybe I need to rephrase my question. I download and examine the report that he attached.</p>
<p>I saw that he is using Footer with empty label to fix the height. But the overflow property is hidden, how come it is shown? </p>
<p>Dont I need to set the overflow as visible?</p>
Sadaquat Ruk
<p>Hello , i have the same problem <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">(</span><strong><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=7287'
title="Download attachment">FixedMinimumRowHeight</a>)</strong>, and your dummy report is working for me.</p>
<p>but i am not able to figure it out what changes you have made.<br>
can you please tell me what exactly you have done?</p>
Philippe Massie
<p>In that Example from Michael,</p>
<p>There is 4 footer rows created with an empty label each.</p>
<p>check the visibility expression on the footer row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This set the minimal Height to 5 rows,</p>
<p>If the group return 1 row, it will write 4 rows with an empty label.</p>
<p>If the group return 2 row, it will write 3 rows with an empty label.</p>
<p>and so on ...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Michael, my question is the following.</p>
<p>I'm displaying a description on a row, and I would like that row to have a minimum of 1 inch Height, but bigger if the description required it, I'm fetching only 1 record, do you know if there is a way to achieve that ?</p>