Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Resolve Conflicts after submittask
johnjamesmarsh
Can I resurrect this old thread?
I have "When submitting locked files Must be owner or creator of lock" set.
I have users who have been deleting files that are locked by another user (in the same work area), ie index.html locked by user bob deleted by user fred. When user fred then goes to submit the workarea the deleted file is attached but they can't submit it as it is locked by bob. When they go to look for the file it's not in the workarea (as it's deleted). As a master I can't continue the submission. The only way round this is to un-delete the file, unlock the file then delete it again.
Is it me or is this un-desirable behaviour? Anyone have any solutions? I need to stop my users from submitting files they have not locked. I don't want them to be able to delete files in the workarea if they can't lock them either.
Regards
John
TS 5.5.2, Solaris 8
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Im actually surprised that you are able to delete a locked file without even a message coming up. You would get this if you tried to edit the file.
What we wiil be doing, based on suggestions from people here, is to remove the delete option and replace it with a custom menu item that is actually a workflow.
There you put in place checks for locked files, existing jobs, corresponding DCR/ generated page etc.
It does seem like a workaround though.
John Cuiuli
johnjamesmarsh
Your post lead me to question my information so I have just tried it.
I went into a workarea where a file was locked but un-modified by a user other than me. I deleted the file. I now have a deleted file that I cannot submit because it is locked by someone else. The owner of the lock cannot submit the file as in our system you can only submit files you have modified.
I think I will go for your solution of a workflow. More custom code but I can't see any other way around it.
Adam Stoller
Please open a case with Interwoven Support - this sounds like a bug, but it would be best if you work with them to make sure they can reproduce it so that it can be filed correctly.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
johnjamesmarsh
OK I have raised a case, Case #1141334. Don't know if the number is of use to anyone.