Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT connections to database during run and rendering
bognekadje
Hi all,
I working to migrate report from version 3.7.1 to version 4.2.0 .
I have an web application that generate report version 3.7.1 using BIRT report engine.
This application uses postgresql 9.1.
All my reports are geneate without errors. Recently, i migrate my report to new version
4.2.0. I also upgrade birt API i use to use new one. For some report trigger and exception during generation. I note that this is due to fact that my application requests a lot all connection to database and the database reach max connections number and then triggers exception to the Report Engine. I have a look to the execution of report in version 3.7.1 and it is look like this report request only one connection to execute itself.
Can someone explain me with BIRT version 4.2.0 request a lot of connection?
Should i set a parameter to use only one connection to run report?
Thanks.
Eric.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bognekadje
It seems like it is problem of cache system. I modify and add following code during creation of report engine<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
config.getAppContext().put(EngineConstants.APPCONTEXT_DATASET_CACHE_OPTION,true);
config.getAppContext().put(DataEngine.DATASET_CACHE_OPTION,true);
</pre>
and also this code during creation of the rptdocument<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
runTask.getAppContext().put(DataEngine.DATA_SET_CACHE_ROW_LIMIT, -1);
</pre>
Please can you explain me why dataset cache is no activated by default in BIRT RE version 4.2.0?<br />
I ask this question because my report was generated by my application using BIRT RE version 3.7.1.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.<br />
<br />
Eric.
CBR
Hi,
BIRT introduced a setting on every dataset starting with version 3.7
Unfortunately the default setting was "do not use a cache if this dataset is queried twice during a report run". The setting was not used as far as i know. This means that BIRT 3.7.x just ignored it and was using the cache anyways.
Starting with BIRT 4.2 the setting is used to determine if caching for this dataset is allowed.
Can you open a report causing problems with the designer, select any dataset, go to tab Advanced in the property editor and see what is configured for Needs cache for data engine?
It should be set to true to activate cacheing