Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Nested Tables in BIRT version 4.2.0
kpelzer29
I am using BIRT version 4.2.0. I have a report that has one table nested inside another table. When I bind the nested table to the parent table and run the report, the parent table displays, but the nested table does not have data and I get the following error message:<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>SQL error #1:The value is not set for the parameter number 1.</em><br />
<br />
The same report was running without errors in BIRT 3.7.0. What should I do to be able to get the report to work in 4.2.0?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You're passing through dataSet parameter binding? Correct? I'll set one up in 3.7.0 and copy it over to 4.2 and see if I have issues with it. I'll let you know.
mwilliams
I created a report in 3.7 with a nested table, filtered by dataSet parameter binding, then copied it over to 4.2 and it worked just fine. This was with the sample database. What database are you using? If you create a brand new report in 4.2, does it work? Try the sample database and your database. Let me know.
kpelzer29
I see what you mean - I created a report using the sample database and it works. However, when I create a dataset using a different database, create a dataset parameter, and preview the dataset in BIRT 4.2, I get the same error message as before. If I create the same dataset in 3.7, it works without any errors.<br />
<br />
A bug was report was created for a problem similiar to what I am having:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384925'>Bug
Report</a><br />
<br />
Do you suggest I try anything else to troubleshoot or should we wait for the bug report to get resolved?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107336" data-time="1342721675" data-date="19 July 2012 - 11:14 AM"><p>
I created a report in 3.7 with a nested table, filtered by dataSet parameter binding, then copied it over to 4.2 and it worked just fine. This was with the sample database. What database are you using? If you create a brand new report in 4.2, does it work? Try the sample database and your database. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Unfortunately, besides bringing in the entire dataSet and filtering rather than using dataSet parameters, I don't know that there is much else you can do. If there's lots of data, this will be a very slow solution. I take it you're not using Oracle so you can use the different driver like the bug comments say, that works.
mwilliams
Let me know if this is not an option, for the time being, because of performance issues. I'll try to find something else to make it faster.
kpelzer29
Someone on bugzilla commented that using a different driver might help, so we are going to try that.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107498" data-time="1343150705" data-date="24 July 2012 - 10:25 AM"><p>
Let me know if this is not an option, for the time being, because of performance issues. I'll try to find something else to make it faster.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Let me know if it works!