Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Apache ServiceMix
sbhayani
I am able to generate report using BIRT Runtime independently, now I want to deploy my application in FUSE ESB.
Can any one help ?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I've not used Apache ServiceMix, so I'll have to download it and give it a go. I'll let you know if I get it working or find something else that is helpful, on this.
sbhayani
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107517" data-time="1343168719" data-date="24 July 2012 - 03:25 PM"><p>
I've not used Apache ServiceMix, so I'll have to download it and give it a go. I'll let you know if I get it working or find something else that is helpful, on this.<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks man , i will wait for your reply . :-)
EricG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'sbhayani'" data-cid="107373" data-time="1342774250" data-date="20 July 2012 - 01:50 AM"><p>
I am able to generate report using BIRT Runtime independently, now I want to deploy my application in FUSE ESB.<br />
Can any one help ?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
I suggest you to expose BIRT as a webservice. Then use servicemix-cxf standard component to transfer your message to BIRT.<br />
<br />
<br />
Hope it help.<br />
<br />
<br />
Cheers,<br />
<br />
Eric
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'EricG'" data-cid="110202" data-time="1349544497" data-date="06 October 2012 - 10:28 AM"><p>
I suggest you to expose BIRT as a webservice. Then use servicemix-cxf standard component to transfer your message to BIRT.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I'd second that, for a few specific reasons:<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>BIRT uses a lot of memory.</li><li>BIRT is an OSGi app, but expects to be in Equinox.</li><li>BIRT as an embeddable OSGi app can have Perm Gen issues.</li><li>you won't get much help dealing with merging the BIRT dependencies with what you've already got in ServiceMix.</li></ul>
<br />
A separate JVM will save you a heap of complexity and make what you are doing much more normal (and thus increase your chances of support).<br />
<br />
Jim
CBR
I totally agree with Yaytay. I was spending a lot of time to get BIRT running in several environment. Nevertheless i didn't try to run it in service mix. BIRT totally depends on Equinox to be the underlying OSGI framework. I tried it with Felix in the past but gave up because it is impossible to run it without doing a lot of changes to the birt source code.
I m going with the second JVM option too in a lot of scenarios. I see BIRT much more as a service component that doesn't necessarily rely on any application. Additionally i do not want that executing reports has an influence on my application in terms of memory and CPU usage.