Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Earliest BIRT event
sseaman
We are using Actuate's BIRT server (actuate.war, not IServer) and I need to hook into the earliest event possible when displaying a report via the interactive viewer.
What is the very first event that I can register for in the BIRT engine that will be fired before the interactive viewer displays the report parameters to the user?
The best I have been able to find is the IDataSourceEventHandler but the issue is that Actuate doesn't set the HTTPRequestObject at this point in the IReportContext.
In fact, since we are using the jsapi's, it doesn't look like it gets set at all in the AppContext (nothing under EngineConstants.APPCONTEXT_BIRT_VIEWER_HTTPSERVET_REQUEST).
I'm hoping to modify the AppContext or do SOMETHING to get an HttpServletRequest into the IReportContext.
Any help would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
What version of Actuate are you using? Do you have the oncontentupdate event?
Jason
sseaman
I believe we are using R11SP3 (at least, that is what the help links to)
sseaman
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="107467" data-time="1343096517" data-date="23 July 2012 - 07:21 PM"><p>
What version of Actuate are you using? Do you have the oncontentupdate event?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
R11SP3 I believe and oncontentupdate is a client side event I thought. I need server side (something before IDataSourceInstance or IReportEventHandler
JasonW
Can you give some more details on what you are trying to accomplish?
Jason