Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to the change the Data Set query dynamically
Nagendra.A
Hi All,
My name is Nagendra. I have a different situation where I blocked in doing my work.
I designed a report using Eclipse BIRT and created JDBC data source and data set. From this data set I designed line chart which simply shows report by taking one parameter. Now I need to design the report by passing more than one parameter and these parameters are based on one more parent parameter.
Means, the data set query for generating the report needs to be change dynamically by passing the parameter.
Can I do this by using JavaScript. If possible please provide me the sufficient information.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Nagendra Kumar Aluru
Ness Technologies
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
fabioebt
Hi Nagendra,
I think you can do it, using the Parameters in 'Edit Data Set', so there you can choose one or more parameters to turn your query into dynamically.
Is what you want to do?
sairag
Hello Nagendra - You can use cascading parameter option to achieve your requirement.
Thanks
AR
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hi Nagendra,<br />
<br />
Have a look at this DevShare entry, it might help you:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1274-ways-to-specify-dynamic-query/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1274-ways-to-specify-dynamic-query/</a><br
/>
<br />
-Megha
Nagendra.A
Hi All,
Thanks for your valuable reply.
I will reach you guys again if I have any doubts.
Thanks a lot again!
Regards,
Nagendra