Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Avoid Page breaks in a table?
robilco
Hi All,
I have a table containing 9 inner tables in one of its rows.
I'm getting Page Breaks between these tables, when I do not want any.
It looks like if the whole table does not fit on the (remainder of the) page, then we get a page break and the next table starts on a new page.
I've tried placing a Grid into that row and placing each of the 9 tables into a Grid Row, but I see no difference.
Any ideas/suggestions how I could fix this would be appreciated!
(I'm using BIRT 3.7.1)
Cheers,
Ronan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
robilco
Update to say that: Yes - I have set 'Avoid' Page Break as a Before, After and Inside on each Table and the outer container
robilco
Also - I'm seeing that the order of my 9 tables in the design does not match the order that they appear in the generated PDF.
micajblock
Are you using Auto Layout or Fixed Layout? There really is not enough information in the question to suggest anything.
Why are you using so many inner tables? Are the queries from different databases? In general nested tables is not the best way to implement reports as there can be serious performance impact.
robilco
Just found the issue.
The Page Break Inside setting was running as 'Avoid' on each of my 9 Tables, even though the UI showed 'Auto'
I see this has been logged and resolved in 3.7.2
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=351893
As I am stuck using 3.7.1 (for the time being) I'll just have to remember to manually update such tables