Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report WHERE Param is being replaced
TheShadraq
So I'm having a real odd problem. I have a report - one out of 70+ - that runs the WHERE param twice. To Explain:
A Birt report is build and uploaded to the system (maximo). The user does a search for their data then runs the report. The report looks at their search's WHERE clause and puts it into the BIRT report WHERE Param.
It then runs the report. But prior to printing, it reruns a second time, this time it replaces the WHERE param with the one used during the initial report build.
So, when building and testing the report, I used something generic like "workorder = '32000' and site = 'water'". The users' WHERE is being replaced with that.
I couldn't figure out why the print outs were only spitting out this one report. I put a track/log onto this report and discovered that the report runs correctly the first time, then reruns using the where clause used in building the report.
I hope that's not too convoluted. Bottom line, this is the only report that does this. I Can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
And this same configuration is working correctly in other reports? Does this issue happen running the report in Eclipse? Or just in Maximo? Any way you can attach the report that's having the issue?
TheShadraq
It's just happening in Maximo. I rebuilt this whole thing, and to no avail. I then renamed and rebuilt an OOB report and it's doing the same thing. I'm wondering if my BIRT setup/property files are off or something is off.
I can post a copy of the report if you wish, but based on further testing, it seems to be happening to any report that is newly compiled.
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'TheShadraq'" data-cid="107636" data-time="1343410586" data-date="27 July 2012 - 10:36 AM"><p>
It then runs the report. But prior to printing, it reruns a second time, this time it replaces the WHERE param with the one used during the initial report build.<br />
<br />
So, when building and testing the report, I used something generic like "workorder = '32000' and site = 'water'". The users' WHERE is being replaced with that.<br />
<br />
I couldn't figure out why the print outs were only spitting out this one report. I put a track/log onto this report and discovered that the report runs correctly the first time, then reruns using the where clause used in building the report.<br /></p></blockquote>
Why does the report run a second time when printing? I am not aware of a reason why the report should run a second time before printing. Are you using Direct Print? What version of Maximo?
TheShadraq
So here's what I've been able to <em class='bbc'>figure out</em>. My report was built when we were using Maximo v7.1. We have since upgraded to v7.5. While the BIRT version has not changed, the report is out of date. At least, that's what I've been told. I haven't gotten any other report to duplicate this behavior. Outside a complete rebuild I'm fairly stumped. I somehow doubt that each time Maximo patches I'll have to rebuild all my custom reports again; seems a bit clunky.
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'TheShadraq'" data-cid="108274" data-time="1344370159" data-date="07 August 2012 - 01:09 PM"><p>
I haven't gotten any other report to duplicate this behavior. Outside a complete rebuild I'm fairly stumped. I somehow doubt that each time Maximo patches I'll have to rebuild all my custom reports again; seems a bit clunky.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
That would be a question for IBM
TheShadraq
Yes, I did that. They don't help with "custom" reports (convenient). I posted this in the hopes that someone else has run into this. However, I was able to combat this and figured I'd update this ticket in the event that someone else stumbles across this, needing a fix.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'><span class='bbc_underline'>Fix</span></strong><br />
This isn't as simple as "change this", but it will work. <br />
<ul class='bbc'><li> Create NEW rptdesign. Do not rename and "Save As" on your existing report. Create NEW</li><li>Copy Layout from OLD and paste over NEW</li><li>Copy Data Sets from OLD and paste over NEW</li><li>Rebuild Params / Master Page where necessary</li><li>Save and load</li></ul>
<br />
As I said, not the quickest/easiest fix, but it sure beats a full rebuild. <br />
<br />
Thanks to the both of you for weighing in.
TheShadraq
As a side-note, I'm sure this has to do with cloning an <em class='bbc'>IBM Out Of the Box</em> report rather than building one from scratch.