Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pie chart showing percentage complete
rbguy
Hello,
Not sure if this is possible using BIRT, but if anyone has an idea, I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to create a simple pie chart report that shows percentage complete. For example, in the following table
Job | Status
J1 | Complete
J2 | Complete
J3 |
J4 | Complete
For this chart, I would want to show a pie chart that would show 75% complete and 25% not complete.
Is something like this even possible using BIRT?
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Yes. Just create a computed column in your dataSet or just a new binding in your chart that gives a value of "Not Complete", when the "Status" is null. Then, you'll use the Status as the Category and you can set Job as the value, but use the "Count" aggregation. Then, for your labels, you can go into the format chart section and make them display % of the value series instead of the actual number. Hope this helps. Let me know your version if you'd like an example of this.
rbguy
Thank you so much for the response. It?s great to know that this can be done. I?ve played around with your suggestion for a bit but being kind of new to BIRT I think I am missing something so yes, an example would be great. I?m using version 3.7.1 but I can certainly move to a later version if it works better for your example.
Thanks again!
mwilliams
Ok. Here's an example made in BIRT 3.7.1.<br />
<br />
Things to look at:<br />
<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>Double click on dataSet and see the computed column section for the computed column I made for the chart.</li><li>Double click on the chart, go to the select data tab and click the drop down next to the icon below the value series field. You'll see that the aggregation "count" was selectd.</li><li>Go to the format chart tab, go to the value series section, and click on the labels button. Here you'll see that I added the Percentile Value Data field to the label and removed the Value Data field. This is what will show you the percent of the whole.</li></ul>
<br />
<br />
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
rbguy
You are awesome. I was able to take your example and apply it to my report and it worked perfectly! Thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was way off in my thinking on how to get this to work and so I do appreciate your help with this.
Thanks again!
mwilliams
You're very welcome! Always glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!