Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
order by and null value
RaniAg
Hello all,
I've a parameter in birt report that dynamically orders my dataset result:
select *
from table
order by decode (?, 1, col1,
2, col2 || col1,
3, col3 || col1
)
Is it possible to do this order by somewhere else in the report? beforeOpen or something script? I just want to do this for performance improvements.
Something else:
How can I avoid the null value for a parameter that has been unchecked for required? If I uncheck required for a parameter of type listbox, automatically I get a null value as option. Can this behavior be influenced in means of not showing the null value in the list?
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi RaniAg,
You could add the decode construction to the select clause of your query. Then select the report table, go to the sorting tab on the property editor and use that new column to sort on.
Something else:
If you don't want the null value, then why do you uncheck required?
Regards
Hans