Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing Drill Down Parameters to another report not being read by Datset
BlackaJ
Hi,
I am new to Birt and am experiencing an issue with drill thorugh charting.
I have a Dataset that reads data from an Oracle 11 DB.
The report is a line chart that has Start and End Date Parameters and this produces a chart as expected
- I am using the beforeOpen event on the Dataset to filter using the parameters.
I require to click on the Chart and the Start and End Date Parameters be passed to the second report and
Filter on these passed parameter values.
The issue that I am encountering is that the passed parameter values do not appear to be read by the beforeOpen event on the Dataset of the Second Report.
If I run the second report in its own and enter parameters, it works as expected.
To ensure that the values are being passed through, I have placed the parameter objects to the report and the passed data is appearing - hence is being populated.
Any help would be appreciated
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you can create a master and detail report with the sample database and attach them in here, so I can see exactly what you're doing and test on the reports, that'd be great! Thanks!
BlackaJ
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="107945" data-time="1344021851" data-date="03 August 2012 - 12:24 PM"><p>
If you can create a master and detail report with the sample database and attach them in here, so I can see exactly what you're doing and test on the reports, that'd be great! Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi, I have solved the issue.<br />
<br />
I had a combo box with a pre populated list in the second report parameter.<br />
When I changed to a Text box it worked as expected.<br />
<br />
Thanks
mwilliams
Glad you got it working! Let us know whenever you have questions!