Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unable to use text as numerical/datetime
krisko
I'm trying to use a datetime to group my data for the chart. When I click preview results in the Data Set editor, the datetime looks like this:
Jul 26, 2012 2:00 AM
However, when I preview the same dataset in the chart editor, it looks like this:
2012-07-26 02:00:00.0
When I try to use this value as a datetime axis, BIRT tells me that it's a "text" string, when it clearly is not.
2 questions:
Why does the format change for this datetime between the data set and chart editors?
How can I force BIRT to rightfully accept this as a proper datetime value?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, in your dataSet, this column is not set to "string"? It's set to "DateTime"? Let me know. Can you attach the report?