Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unable to get genReport to run
krisko
I'm trying to run genReport from the commandline. However, when I do this, this error shows up.
I'm running this on a network drive with nothing on it but my birt-runtime files, so I suppose that it's
possible that the JRE is outdated or not available in some fashion, but I can't say for certain. Any ideas?
genReport samples/hello_world.rptdesign
SEVERE: exception in parsing the paramters
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.execute(ReportRunner.
java:145)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.main(ReportRunner.jav
a:122)
The only thing that seems to work is the help function. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at this old forum thread:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/24098-need-help-cant-get-genreport-to-run/
krisko
Thank you. I was finally able to solve the error. I'll keep this page in mind if I run into the error again.
mwilliams
You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions!