Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Totals in a row crosstab
RaniAg
Hi all,
is it possible to do a total on values in a row (first part of a crosstab)
I've a group on a numeric value and at the bottom of the crosstab I want to sum these values. Hope that I'm clear.
See the Excel for the idea.
I want to get the total of column difference.(which is a group)
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If it's a group that you're wanting to sum, it won't be able to be totaled, with the built in grand total functionality. You'll have to add script to the data element and do your own summation. Then, you can add the grand total row and use a dynamic text box or something to display the value that you computed in script.
RaniAg
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108226" data-time="1344290690" data-date="06 August 2012 - 03:04 PM"><p>
If it's a group that you're wanting to sum, it won't be able to be totaled, with the built in grand total functionality. You'll have to add script to the data element and do your own summation. Then, you can add the grand total row and use a dynamic text box or something to display the value that you computed in script.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Williams, since I'm new I have a question.<br />
Should I put a script on the data element onPrepare moment?If yes, how should I do this? So what should I put in the script?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.
RaniAg
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'RaniAg'" data-cid="108555" data-time="1345116908" data-date="16 August 2012 - 04:35 AM"><p>
Thanks Williams, since I'm new I have a question.<br />
Should I put a script on the data element onPrepare moment?If yes, how should I do this? So what should I put in the script?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I succeeded to add the sum. (thanks to Google)<br />
I only have one issue: in MyEclipse preview I see the totals, but in BIRT viewer all values are 0. What am I doing wrong? I have Birt 3.7.0V20110602.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!
mwilliams
Take a look at this example. In the onCreate script, a persistentGlobalVariable is accessed and added to, based on the current row's value. Then, in the grand total footer, the value is displayed.
RaniAg
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108626" data-time="1345237282" data-date="17 August 2012 - 02:01 PM"><p>
Take a look at this example. In the onCreate script, a persistentGlobalVariable is accessed and added to, based on the current row's value. Then, in the grand total footer, the value is displayed.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks again!<br />
You helped me again
<br />
I only wonder why I was able to see the totals in 'Preview' mode but not in BIRT viewer?
mwilliams
You're welcome!
What do you mean you were only able to see the totals in preview mode? Is this design not working for you, in the viewer? It is for me. Let me know.