Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The Same Image keeps displaying...
megabri
In my report I'm generating images by using URI. Each row that's displayed in my report should display a different image. The problem I'm currently having is my report keeps displaying the first image that's generated for every single line. How do I resolve this issue so the proper images show?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Have you made sure that your result set doesn't have the same URI for each row, somehow? If so, can you attach your report? Or send it to me by email?
megabri
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108271" data-time="1344369560" data-date="07 August 2012 - 12:59 PM"><p>
Have you made sure that your result set doesn't have the same URI for each row, somehow? If so, can you attach your report? Or send it to me by email?<br /></p></blockquote>
I'll email you my report tomorrow morning. I'll send it to your gmail account. Maybe you can look at this issue and the other issue you're helping me with (Images displaying in PDF?). Are you available by phone (just curious)?
mwilliams
I'll at least try to remember to get on Google Talk, in the AM, and we can go from there.
megabri
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108275" data-time="1344370670" data-date="07 August 2012 - 01:17 PM"><p>
I'll at least try to remember to get on Google Talk, in the AM, and we can go from there.
<br /></p></blockquote>
I'm not sure if I can get in google talk my job might block it
. I'll email you though. In the next few months you'll definitely be hearing from me a lot lol.
megabri
Good morning Mike, it's as I thought my company blocks google talk. I'm going to email you a copy of my report and provide you with an example of what data would be returned. I'll send it to you gmail account shortly make sure my email address (megabri@lirr.org) isn't blocked
.
megabri
I sent it, you can find the query for the photo issue in PhotoDataSet's open script. I'll try to attach it here as well.
mwilliams
The reason you're only getting one image is that you have the image element bound to your dataSet. If you remove the binding, it'll take the binding from the table. An image element doesn't iterate through the rows, so if it has a binding, you'll just get your one row, like you're seeing!
megabri
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108301" data-time="1344437760" data-date="08 August 2012 - 07:56 AM"><p>
The reason you're only getting one image is that you have the image element bound to your dataSet. If you remove the binding, it'll take the binding from the table. An image element doesn't iterate through the rows, so if it has a binding, you'll just get your one row, like you're seeing!<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks!!! That worked great in my birt report viewer. I still can't get the images to show up in a pdf though.
megabri
The issue has been resolved all. It turns out my problem was I was binding my image control with a dataSet. The image has to be unbound so it can iterate.