Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Master page in Library
rajani_interwove
Hi,
In my project I have a top level library in which I have customized master page footer in which I want to display date and time at the left corner of the footer and page no at the right corner of the footer.
My report is inheriting master page from library "lib_A", the library "lib_A" in turn is inheriting the master page from the common library "lib_common". But i have problem in display the footer in my report.
If I inherit a master page which is declared in "lib_A", I am able to print the footer.
But if I inherit the master page which is declared in the "lib_common", then I am not able to print the footer.
with this scenario what I understand is, master pages can be inherited only from the immediate level libraries not from the above level.
Do any one has idea on this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Rajani Gunda.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rajani_interwove
Hi,
In my project I have a top level library in which I have customized master page footer in which I want to display date and time at the left corner of the footer and page no at the right corner of the footer.
My report is inheriting master page from library "lib_A", the library "lib_A" in turn is inheriting the master page from the common library "lib_common". But i have problem in display the footer in my report.
If I inherit a master page which is declared in "lib_A", I am able to print the footer.
But if I inherit the master page which is declared in the "lib_common", then I am not able to print the footer.
with this scenario what I understand is, master pages can be inherited only from the immediate level libraries not from the above level.
Do any one has idea on this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Rajani Gunda.
mwilliams
Can you set up a simple example using the sample database that I can run, so I can see your issue? Thanks.
rajani_interwove
Hi Williams,
I have tested the same scenario in my local environment but I dont have such problem. but when I tried to inherit the master page from a commonlib in my clients environment i have this problem.
I have attached the sample project which demonstrates the scenario for your reference.
Regards,
Rajani Gunda
mwilliams
What's the difference between your environment and theirs?
rajani_interwove
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108393" data-time="1344546425" data-date="09 August 2012 - 02:07 PM"><p>
What's the difference between your environment and theirs?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
The environment at my end and my clients end is the same BIRT 11SP3. Database connection is the SQL Server at their end and I am testing on ClassicModels database. I think database should not make any difference in the behaviour of the libraries.