Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt designer performance problem
XFabien
Hello birt designers,
I am facing one huge problem of the birt desgner performance.
I created a lot of libraries ( 20+ ) in the same projet folder, and each library has about 30 report items inside. In this case, birt designer becomes slower and slower, it takes a lot of time to refresh one report.
If I have generated a lot of reports ( 6+ ), the birt designer will crashed with one java error.
I have changed the memery ( -Xmx1024m )in the eclipse.ini file, but it doesn't solve my problem.
So, does anyone see this issue before? I appreciate very much your help.
Yao
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I haven't seen this issue, though I haven't had that many libraries, either. From a clean start of the designer, if you run 6 different reports, the designer crashes? Each of these reports pulls their report items from libraries? What is your BIRT version?
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108314" data-time="1344446973" data-date="08 August 2012 - 10:29 AM"><p>
I haven't seen this issue, though I haven't had that many libraries, either. From a clean start of the designer, if you run 6 different reports, the designer crashes? Each of these reports pulls their report items from libraries? What is your BIRT version?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello Michael,<br />
<br />
You are right, all these reports pulls their report items from libraries. There is nothing created directly in the report. So one report has at least 6 or more linked library. When the designer crashed, the error would always be 'Java heap space' ...<br />
<br />
My BIRT version is 2.6.2. If we continue to create the report items in the library like this, I think the birt's slowness will be a disaster for us.
mwilliams
There was a memory leak in 2.6.2 that might be contributing to your issue. Is there any way you can upgrade to 3.7?
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=348845