Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Numeric-Only parameters in BIRT?
jmasterx
Hi, I have a parameter in my report that can only be 2 values. ALL or a number.
I want the user to be able to type ALL here, or a number like 12345678. Is this possible. I want the TextBox to refuse any input that is not either part of the word ALL or a number.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Vineet Joshi
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'jmasterx'" data-cid="108297" data-time="1344430972" data-date="08 August 2012 - 06:02 AM"><p>
Hi, I have a parameter in my report that can only be 2 values. ALL or a number.<br />
<br />
I want the user to be able to type ALL here, or a number like 12345678. Is this possible. I want the TextBox to refuse any input that is not either part of the word ALL or a number.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br /></p></blockquote>
hi ,<br />
<br />
there is a way out but not exactly the way you want it to .<br />
you can write a script in before factory and if the parameter entered is not the one u want, then it will stop the report execution and will print a message.<br />
<br />
I found this example on forum only ....<br />
Regards