Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
One Month Per Page In Report?
jmasterx
I have some data from my database:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>SELECT
dfdate as "Date",
dfunsv as "Unshipped Dollars",
FROM mstf
</pre>
<br />
The date is ascii in the form of 'yyyy/mm/dd'<br />
<br />
Basically, I want to show 3 columns per row.<br />
Date, Unshipped Dollars, Unshipped Dollars This Month To Date.<br />
<br />
To get that last column I do: <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Total.runningSum(row["Shipped Dollars"], null, 0)</pre>
<br />
There are only 2 things that I cannot figure out how to do.<br />
I want each page to be a new month.<br />
So say the database goes from 2012/01/10 to 2012/08/07<br />
<br />
I want a page for January, where the dates start on the 10th, then the next month starts on the next page, and so forth.<br />
<br />
I also want my Unshipped Dollars This Month To Date field to start over each month (thus start from 0 each page).<br />
<br />
Does anyone know how I could pull this off?<br />
<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you group your table on the date field and choose month for the grouping interval, you'll be able to tell it to page break after each group. You'll also be able to do aggregations on just the group, allowing you to keep a running total of values, just for that group.
jmasterx
Thanks,
Now the problem is my other tables get cut off. I have other tables from other database tables that show information about what happened during the month. I group this one by month too but the first one dominates.
I have 5 data sets which all are grouped by date and have corresponding dates. Since they go by month I know tat the length of the 5 tables wont exceed 1 page per month. If it does though I want it to continue on the next page then break at the end and start over on a new page.
But if I could at least get multiple tables, each displaying their month of data on the same page that would be great.
jmasterx
Here is my situation.<br />
<br />
I have 5 tables. They all group on date and they all generate 1 page per month.<br />
<br />
Here is the problem.<br />
<br />
The pages come out like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>T1
T1
T1
T2
T2
T2
T3
T3
T4
...</pre>
They go through all of T1, then all of T2, and so on.<br />
But obviously that makes no sense. I need it to show them in order:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
T1
T2
T3
T4
T5
T1
T2
T3
T4
T5
...</pre>
<br />
Is there an option for this?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
BIRT 4.2
mwilliams
Don't group all the tables by month. You have a month grouping in your first table. Now, you can put the rest of your tables into the group footer of the first table and either filter them by the outer table's month grouping value or use dataSet parameter binding to limit their queries. This should get you what you're wanting. Let me know if you have questions!