Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Generate report elements based on condition
megabri
Does anyone know how to generate elements of a birt report based on condition? Say for example I have a query that has a column called 'inspector'. If this 'inspector' column comes back with a name in it I'd want to print out a section on the report with this inspector's name and some information about him (ie: his identification number, the year he was hired, etc.) if this 'inspector' column was null I wouldn't want to print out this section. I'm assuming it's some kind of If statement to show or hide I'm just not sure how to do it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can use the visibility property to hide/show elements, based on a condition. A value of true, hides the element. You can find the visibility section in the property editor, when you click on an element.
megabri
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="108464" data-time="1344882377" data-date="13 August 2012 - 11:26 AM"><p>
You can use the visibility property to hide/show elements, based on a condition. A value of true, hides the element. You can find the visibility section in the property editor, when you click on an element.<br /></p></blockquote>
I see it now. I'll make sure to try that when I need it. Thanks yet again Mike!
mwilliams
You're welcome. Let me know if you run into issues.