Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Restricting dashboard data based on user name
lgudait
Hi All,
I'm looking for a way to dynamically restrict the data a user has access to in the dashboard utility.
I created a table, and linked that table to a combo box, which I want to restrict based on the user's login.
In creating .rptdesigns, I'm able to place a filter on the dataset that the combo box values come from, which restricts the user name based on their login credentials - the filter is username=BirtStr.toUpper(reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerUserName")). I tried using this same thing in the dashboard combo box, and it didn't work.
Is there a way to do this in the dashboard utility?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rmurphy
Keep in mind, filters will be applied during data set generation, so if you are accessing a .data file in the dashboard, the filters have already been applied.
If you are using a materialized .data file, you will need to apply a Row Access Control List Expression on the data set in your .datadesign.
An access control list (ACL) is a list of security IDs that tells iServer which users have access to a particular item in a report or data object. A security ID can be either a user name or a role defined in iServer. Typically, you use roles because they are more permanent than user names. A role can be assigned to different users at different times as employees leave or change positions.
For more information, see the "Controlling user access to report pages and data" chapter in the following manual:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/documentation/Manuals11SP4/using-actuate-bdpro.pdf