Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[Solved] How to keep script event from firing on hidden rows
Tubal
Hi there. I'm trying to do a line number in a table.<br />
<br />
I declare the lineNum variable in the onCreate of the table.<br />
<br />
I've tried putting a lineNum++ in the onCreate of each table row, and I've also tried inserting lineNum++ in a dynamic text element where I want to show the line.<br />
<br />
This appears to be working as expected, but the problem is that I have some rows in the table that are hidden based on if there is any data in the group. But it looks like the lineNum++ event is still firing even though the row is hidden, whether I put it in the onCreate of the row, or in a dynamic text element. I've also tried putting this in the onRender event with the same results.<br />
<br />
Any ideas or help?<br />
<br />
I don't know that it's relevant, but my table structure is as follows:<br />
<br />
Group1 Header<br />
Group2 Header<br />
Group3 Header<br />
Group4 Header<br />
Group5 Header<br />
Detail<br />
Group5 Footer<br />
Group4 Footer<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Phil<br />
<br />
<span style='color: #006400'>EDIT:</span> Solved. I just put an if statement in my event script that used the same parameters as my visibility parameter. i.e. it only does the lineNum++ if it meets certain parameters. Seems to have done the trick.<br />
<br />
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay! I took yesterday off! Glad you found the answer, and thanks for updating your post with it!