Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to assign a user property value from a dataset?
lexthang
I have a simple dataset that returns only one row, something like "select count(*) as cnt from table". I need to assign the value from that single row to one of the user properties (that I define, called "MyProperty") in the report design. How do I do that? TIA.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akhilp
on dataset fetch method, try this.
myproperty=row["cnt"].
lexthang
You mean to put that in the onFetch method? I tried that but I don't think it has any effect.
First of all how do you even invoke the dataset in the first place? That code alone doesn't do that.
Anyway I tried to create an empty table and bind the dataset to that table just so it can be invoked, but still nothing seems to happen.
Secondly I'm not sure if that's the correct syntax for assigning a value to a user variable. I mean I did try it out, but I'm not sure if that's the right syntax. Is it?
akhilp
can you create a sample report and send it to me.