Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding Chart or Table possible on Interactive Viewer?
actuser9
My user requested for this. Both the table and the chart should be displayed by default. But he should be able to hide either chart or table if he wants on the interactive viewer.
I have seen some topics which use the switch view or toggle options but not an option to hide a chart or table altogether. Can someone post any suggestions on this?
Thanks
UY
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could probably use an HTML text box and create a form for the user to select to show/hide an element. You'd just use client side script, in HTML script tags to execute your hide. Another option would be to embed the elements into a jsp or html page, and then show/hide them in a similar fashion, in that page.
actuser9
Thanks Michael. I was out for some time and hence delay in reply.
Being novice to Java coding, I am finding it difficult to implement what you have suggested. Also, tried to search some reports with scripting with no luck. Do you have a sample report which does this?
actuser9
Thanks Michael. I was out for some time and hence delay in reply.
Being novice to Java coding, I am finding it difficult to implement what you have suggested. Also, tried to search some reports with scripting with no luck. Do you have a sample report which does this?
mwilliams
Since you use Actuate BIRT, I just used a HTML button, available in the palette, to control the visibility of the table, in the example. The places you need to look are at the bookmark of the grid and the script on the html button. Let me know if you have questions.
actuser9
Thanks Michael, its interesting to know how that HTML works.
Is there a way to get work from the native web viewer?
Regards
UY
mwilliams
What do you mean getting it to work in the viewer? It should work in the viewer as long as the check box can access the bookmark. The html button might have to be on the same page as the element.
actuser9
The html button in the attached report is not working on the interactive viewer.
Thanks
UY
mwilliams
Ah. You're right. It's not working in the Actuate Viewer. Let me see if I can find a way to make it work, in there.
mwilliams
You may have to use the JSAPI to do this.
actuser9
Michael,
Is there no option to implement this from the report?
Thanks
UY
actuser9
Michael,
I have read some documentation and now know what you meant by using the JSAPI.
I found an article close to my requirement and it helps to start with coding part.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/24836-showhide-working-for-html-view-but-not-for-web-view/
Thanks again for your help.
Regards
UY
mwilliams
I'll keep looking into it and let you know if I find something.
actuser9
Sounds good. Thank you.