Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display in Chart
akhilp
hello,
I have a dataset and line chart in my report. chart has fixed width and height(277.8,155.6).
dataset returns around 1300 rows with 2 columns Date and value.
Ex:
Date Value
15.4.2011 10
16.4.2011 20
.
.
.
I wanted to display, all the rows in line chart( Date as X-Axis Category). is it possible to display in fixed width and height of line chart.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you'll have 1300 separate x-axis values, and you want the chart contained in a small fixed area?
akhilp
yes William.
If this can be done, then i will send an image of the graph, what exactly i was trying to achieve.
mwilliams
I can't think of anything that would make this an issue. Can you show what your output is supposed to look like?
akhilp
Hi,
I attached the image file, what i was looking for. we retreive 5 years data, as of now query returns around 1300 rows(may have more than this) . In existing report, we display all the rows on X-axis and dynamically we add the lable controls as per in image.
ex: if data starts from 01.06.2007, we find the first label postion and replace the caption with 06/07.
if we have 5 yrs data, then will show five lables, each label indicates the start of the month and year.
mwilliams
Here's an example showing many dataSet rows in a chart. You can set the step interval on the axis values to show what you want.
akhilp
thank you Michael. its working fine
i have one more issue with the the same graph, my query returns 1300 rows, but Graph is displaying only 730 rows. is there any properties settings need to be looked at?
mwilliams
Are you looking at the chart in the preview? Or are you running it in the web viewer? Is there any grouping set on the x-axis that would cause a merging of data points?
akhilp
I have no issues when I view the report in viewer. but in report proview , I see less number of rows.
no grouping on X-Axis.
mwilliams
In the preview, there is a limit set on the number of rows. This may be the issue. The web viewer should show you what your end user will see. If that looks right, you should be ok. You can set the number of rows allowed, in the preview, in your preferences.
akhilp
thank you Michael.