Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
groups in workflow programming
Internewbie
Hello All,
does anyone know a way to get a user's group while instantiating a job/workflow?
I.e. with __VALUE__('iw_user') or __VALUE__('iw_role') i can get username and role of the current user. what i would need now is the (OS) group(s) he belongs to.
I couldnt find it in the variable list but maybe there is a known workaround?
thx 4 any hint
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
On NT I don't think a user is associated with any single group by default.
On Unix you could use whatever command line tool or other API retrieves a users primary group.
Migrateduser
You could use the perl
getgrent
command and iterate through all the groups and do a pattern match on the $members element that gets returned. There may be an easier way. Also, thsi appears to only be useful on a Solaris environment.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com