Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Viewer Encoding problem
julisonne
Hello,
I have the following problem:
I designed a report within Eclipse Juno. The report contains parameters (default value) and labels with umlauts (??????). When I viewed the report with eclipse it worked.
But our reports should run with JBoss and viewed with the BIRT-Viewer. I copied the report to the renamed WebViewerExample and typed the URL in the browser to view it with the BIRT-Viewer. Then I got a message like:
Report Design Object is not available
When I delete the ??? the report worked and was displayed with BIRT-Viewer.
The report is UTF-8 and the BIRT-Viewer Version is 4.2.0. JBoss Version is 7.1.1-final.
I tried to change the encoding of the report to ISO-8859 but eclipse/BIRT automatically changes the encoding to UTF-8.
I hope you could help me.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you attach an example report, that I can run, that will show me the issue? Thanks!
julisonne
Hello,
I designed an example report and attached it. It has parameters (default value) for the address and labels with ???. I also have problems with ? and the permill sign so I include it to the example report too.
I hope it helps to understand my problem...
mwilliams
I didn't have any issues with the report when I deployed it to the webviewerexample on JBoss. I have JBoss 5.0.1, though, not 7.1.1.