Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Swapping Table Columns Dynamically
Suneel M
Hi ,
I am using BIRT 4.2.
I created one table. which is having 12 columns.
My requirement is, I need to swap the column position depending upon the condition.
Example:-
In My table , i am having A,B,C,D,E,F,G columns.
I need to swap the column position depending upon the conditions.
Condition 1 : order is F,A,C,B,E,D,G
Condition 2 : order is E,C,A,B,G,D,F ... etc
Note:-
Dynamic creation of table/Column is not going to work in my case.
because, I Every column has some fixed size of width. & some columns having different alignment formats & Grid is inside of some columns cell.
Could you please help me on this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Suneel M
Hi ,
I am using BIRT 4.2.
I created one table. which is having 12 columns.
My requirement is, I need to swap the column position depending upon the condition.
Example:-
In My table , i am having A,B,C,D,E,F,G columns.
I need to swap the column position depending upon the conditions.
Condition 1 : order is F,A,C,B,E,D,G
Condition 2 : order is E,C,A,B,G,D,F ... etc
Note:-
Dynamic creation of table/Column is not going to work in my case.
because, In Every column has some fixed size of width. & some columns having different alignment formats & Grid is inside of some columns cell.
Could you please help me on this.
mwilliams
I might have an example that does this. Let me take a look. If not, I'll try to get one made. The reordering will have to be done in the beforeFactory, I think.
Suneel M
Thank you williams.
I am waiting for your example.
mwilliams
Here's one way to do it. You can see the code in the beforeFactory of the report. The user selects a parameter value, either normal or reverse. If they choose reverse, the columns are reordered, if not, they stay the same. There are probably other ways to do it, but this should work.