Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How can you tell if a replicant is empty?
kellyrmilligan
I am getting a value of 1 for the number of items in the replicant, even though it is empty!
I am wanting to display values in a replicant only if it has something in it. Can anyone help? I have tried searching in the forum, but to no avail, so it is probably somewhere, but I can't find it.
Thanks,
Kelly
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kellyrmilligan
also, this is in an <iw_perl> block on a presentation template.
should I just check for null values in the first set of items? or is there an easier way? in the tech library it says use the defined expression in perl, but uses it with iw tags, and not in an iw_perl block. anyone have an example of this?
column_names_screenshot.doc
Bar_graph.bmp
patrickm
Easiest way I find is to start the iteration for the replicant, and perform a check for one if it's values, if nothing can be found, then the replicant is empty.
<iw_iterate var="randomVariable" list="dcr.randomItem">
<iw_if expr='{iw_value name="randomVariable.text"/}'>
<iw_then>
//* Place anything you want in here
</iw_then>
</iw_if>
</iw_iterate>
Edited by patrickm on 07/25/03 02:27 AM (server time).
98.pdf