Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
I want to add data to Existing Template Throgh programatically
hamsa
Hi All,
I am trying to generate report using SQLite. I am trying to generate using existing template. Pls help me on that. Give me some example
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you explain more about what you're trying to do?
hamsa
Thanks for your reply.
I have a template.In temple i have images but data. Using that template i need to create data dynamically through programing without using birt designer.
Thanks
Hamsa
mwilliams
So, you have data and you want to now create report elements, like tables, charts, etc, using the APIs rather than using the designer? Is this correct?
hamsa
Yes i have sqlite data. Yes that's what i am looking for.
mwilliams
This example that adds a table programatically might be a good place to start.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/317-birt--build-dynamic-table-deapi/
hamsa
Hi Williams,
I tried that example it's working. But if i configure my database its not working.
Can pls give me some example to create new report with dynamic column selection through programatically.
Pls help me
Thanks
Hamsa
mwilliams
So, when you change your dataSet query, it's not working? What error do you get? Does your script handle the new column names?
hamsa
Thanks Williams,
Now it's working. I think i didn't give proper datasource and dataset initially. Corrected it. Now it's working i can able to get the dynamic table through programatically.
Now i need to modify existing report data. I have some three columns in my table i want drop one column and add another column/ I want to drop total table data and i need add new table data. How to do that using DE API
Pls help me on that..
Thanks
Hamsa
mwilliams
The example above should allow you to just create a table completely dynamically. This way, you can build the table exactly how you want the first time, rather than building it, then modifying everything.
hamsa
I got it. Thank u so much.
Thanks
Hamsa
mwilliams
You're welcome!