Hello.<br />
<br />
I'm using :<br />
<br />
BIRT 4.2 on Debian x64 and the Java Plug-in 10.7.0.10 with the JRE version 1.7.0_07-b10<br />
<br />
I am trying to following this :<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportEngineAPI.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportEngineAPI.php</a><br />
<br />
but to write a Java Applet that uses the BIRT ReportEngine. I have downloaded the 4.2 runtime from Eclipse and extracted it to /opt/BIRT_HOME.<br />
<br />
Looking through the content I saw the org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.2.0.v20120613-1143.jar file and made the assumption that I was able to deploy this along with my Applet and it would provided everything needed by the ReportEngine, as what is in the jar file appears to be available in individual jars as well.<br />
<br />
I copied the runtime jar to a lib sub directory where my index.html is located and referenced the jar file in the index.html page:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<embed ... archive="myViewer.jar, org.eclipse.birt.runtime_4.2.0.v20120613-1143.jar" .../>
</pre>
I can create an EngineConfig and I set the setEngineHome parameter using "/opt/BIRT_HOME/ReportEngine", but regardless of location I always get an exception:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>org/eclipse/core/runtime/CoreException</pre> when using Platform.start(config)<br />
<br />
But looking inside the jar file I see there is no class there! But there is one for org.eclipse.birt.core.exception. Even adding all of the org.eclipse.core.* jar files to the archive attribute I still get the same error.<br />
<br />
Using BIRT in the manner (assuming it can even be done this way) is not very well documented if Google is to be believed, so I would really, really appreciate some help here in how I can actually do this.<br />
<br />
-- <br />
William