Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Create a Dynamic Header in a report
George.k
.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
George.k
Hello,<br />
<br />
I need the help in the following request:<br />
I have a report containing several columns, one of them should be flipped so that the records inside it will be displayed in the header of the report, and under each header i need to set different records used from another column.<br />
<br />
To make it more clear, I have attached 2 pictures and a test sample query.<br />
Picture in green and gray shows the normal display of the columns.<br />
Picture in white shows the adjustment that I am requesting.<br />
I need to flip the records of the "Zone" column into the header of the report as shown in the white pic. Under the Zone column<strong class='bbc'>s</strong> I need to display the "Price" also as shown in the white pic.<br />
<br />
Please let me know if you need further info or clarification.<br />
PS: CrossTab does not help in this case since I have several static columns in the report without any grouping or something.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
George
mwilliams
If the all white colored image is the output you're wanting from the alternating color image, why does a crosstab not work for you? This appears to be exactly what you need to use. Let me know.
George.k
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109074" data-time="1346787113" data-date="04 September 2012 - 12:31 PM"><p>
If the all white colored image is the output you're wanting from the alternating color image, why does a crosstab not work for you? This appears to be exactly what you need to use. Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
If I have several static columns (type_id, type_name, item, supplier, brand, category, merchandise, etc.) and I want to put them before the dynamic column "Zone", If I use a cross tab, I'll be obliged to put them as group inside a group inside a group......etc., therefore, all my static columns will be displayed in a cascading way.<br />
Therefore, the display of the report won't be as I want and the result as well since the static columns will be grouped under each other and this is my problem.
mwilliams
Take a look at this crosstab report. Specifically, look at the computed column, in the dataSet, that's used as the cube dimension. In the cube, double click on the computed field and notice the attributes. Finally, in the crosstab, notice the row dimension was deleted and replaced with the attributes, in a grid. I also sorted by a sort attribute, to keep them in their original order, rather than them being sorted ascending or descending by dimension value. You could change the sort to whatever you wanted. Hope this helps.
P.S. Remember to change the location of the flat file, in your dataSource, to where you save the csv file.
George.k
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109100" data-time="1346860518" data-date="05 September 2012 - 08:55 AM"><p>
Take a look at this crosstab report. Specifically, look at the computed column, in the dataSet, that's used as the cube dimension. In the cube, double click on the computed field and notice the attributes. Finally, in the crosstab, notice the row dimension was deleted and replaced with the attributes, in a grid. I also sorted by a sort attribute, to keep them in their original order, rather than them being sorted ascending or descending by dimension value. You could change the sort to whatever you wanted. Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
P.S. Remember to change the location of the flat file, in your dataSource, to where you save the csv file.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot it worked perfectly, I will try it now on a complex report and if faced with trouble I'll get back to you.
mwilliams
Sounds good. Let me know.
George.k
Hello William,
I have one last concern, how can I remove the following cell in the attached picture (it is being added automatically after I add the summary field).
Thanks in Advance,
mwilliams
You should be able to select the crosstab, then go to the general section of the properties tab, in the property editor and select the hide measure header check box.
George.k
Thanks William.
I have 1 last concern, after launching the report(containing the crosstab) in EXCEL format, it is being opened using a Pivot Table.
Is there a way to open the crosstab report in EXCEL without using the Pivot Table function (used by excel)?
I just want to open the report having the same format as originally built knowing that I don't have any problem with the format when launched in PDF or HTML preview.
Thanks in advance,
George.k
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'George.k'" data-cid="110998" data-time="1351502328" data-date="29 October 2012 - 02:18 AM"><p>
Thanks William.<br />
<br />
I have 1 last concern, after launching the report(containing the crosstab) in EXCEL format, it is being opened using a Pivot Table.<br />
Is there a way to open the crosstab report in EXCEL without using the Pivot Table function (used by excel)?<br />
I just want to open the report having the same format as originally built knowing that I don't have any problem with the format when launched in PDF or HTML preview.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hello William,<br />
I found a solution for that. Now I am able to launch the report containing crosstab in EXCEl format without having the PIVOT Table.<br />
Solution: I have placed the the crosstab inside a grid. As simple as this and solved my problem.<br />
Thanks,
mwilliams
Great! Glad you found a solution! Let us know whenever you have questions!