Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[RealTime Report] Input change on the fly..
blietaer
Hello,
I am planning to design a report (chart+table) of a time line value from a PostgreSQL DB (JDBC)
The report should propose, let's say, 2 input boxes providing the user a way to ender the 'StartTime' and the 'EndTime' to display (giving the SQL query upper and lower limits), updating 'on the fly' the graph/table.
I am a bit ashamed this might be quite covered and 'available' out-of-the box in BIRT, but I just can't seem to put word on this process/mechanism to start googling about (even looking up the index of my 2 BIRT Bibbles...)
Could you put words on what I am trying to describe here?
A chance you got my point ?
thx!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can define a report parameter for the start and end times and link this report parameter to a dataSet parameter in your JDBC dataset. Then, when you run the report, the user will be prompted with a parameter page to enter values for the parameters. When they submit the parameter page, the report will run, with those values. If they re-run the report, it'll ask the values again.
blietaer
OK, yes I found that indeed.
This is working great !
Now, is there a way to provide a minimum of validation?
(simply, StartTime _has_ to be < than EndTime, ...Etc...)
I guess invalid parameters can lead to malformed SQL queries and then....what?
Is the report simply frozen then?
Shall I popup an Alert() message in case I detect wrong values for parameters ?
Thx.
blietaer
OK, yes I found that indeed.
This is working great !
Now, is there a way to provide a minimum of validation?
(simply, StartTime _has_ to be < than EndTime, ...Etc...)
I guess invalid parameters can lead to malformed SQL queries and then....what?
Is the report simply frozen then?
Shall I popup an Alert() message in case I detect wrong values for parameters ?
Thx.
mwilliams
If you select the parameter, in the data explorer, then select the script tab, there is a validate script method that might help you.