Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 4.2 page variables
maxp
Dear Community,
Recently I encountered problems with page variables and masterpage events (onPageStart, onPageEnd). The page variable appears from the next page only. The detailed steps how to reproduce this problem:
1) Create page variable in the data explorer,
2) onPageStart event of the masterpage set the value of the page variable to something,
3) add variable to report masterpage report footer.
No matter what I do, I cannot see the value of the page variable on the first page of the PDF output. I tried adding a table to the report and assigning a pageBreak event of any data item (within the table) to the following:
reportContext.setPageVariable("temp", "whatever")
Well, the result appears only starting from the second page only.
Can someone help me with a simple example on how to use page variable in BIRT 4.2, I am struggling with this stuff for 2 days already and I cannot figure out how to fix this issue easily.
Thank you
Max
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The standard pdf option from the run menu uses the runAndRender task. If you use this, it won't be set. If you're using an external browser to run the reports from the designer, you'll see that the URL used has "preview" in it. If you change this to frameset, it should show on the first page. If you're not using an external browser, you can achieve the same by running in the web viewer, then exporting to pdf.