Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Flat file on iServer
Sailesh Ch
Hello,<br />
<br />
My name is Sailesh. I published a flat file data source and the rptdesign on my iServer but i'm unable to view the report. It gives me the following error. <br />
<br />
<span style='color: #FF0000'>An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Failed to prepare the query execution for the data set: Data Set<br />
Failed to prepare the following query for the data set type (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile.dataSet). <br />
[select "Month", "Year", "Scheduled(1000's)", "YTD Schedules(1000's)", "Actual(1000's)", "YTD Actual(1000's)", "Variance %" from "FY 2011-12.csv" : {"Month","Month",STRING;"Year","Year",STRING;"Scheduled(1000's)","Scheduled(1000's)",STRING;"YTD Schedules(1000's)","YTD Schedules(1000's)",STRING;"Actual(1000's)","Actual(1000's)",STRING;"YTD Actual(1000's)","YTD Actual(1000's)",STRING;"Variance %","Variance %",STRING}]<br />
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile.InvalidResourceException: Cannot open flat file home folder: C:\Users\sailesh\workspace\City of Dallas\data (Element ID:55)</span><br />
<br />
<br />
Please help...!!<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
sailesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Sailesh,
It looks like the iServer can't see the same folder that you used to store the CSV file like the designer can. This is likely hard coded in your RPTDESIGN file and is associated with your Flat File Data Source. To fix this, in your report design, open your Flat File Data Source and look at the Property binding tab. Here you can either hard code the home path or use an expression to dynamically create the path.
Sailesh Ch
Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I am relatively new to BIRT. I did try to change the property binding for flat file data source but it still wont work on iServer. Can you please walk me through this. I have attached few screenshots of flat file and RPTDESIGN details.
Again, thanks for your time.
Sailesh
Sailesh Ch
I hope to hear back soon!!