Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Serial number for newspaper columns
muzy
Consider I have a dataset which display data as two tables side by side as newspaper columns. I would like to put serial number such a way that table 1 on the left hand side will have serial number 1 to 50 and the data on the right hand side table should continue with serial number 51.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you're using a single dataSet, you could put a computed column in your dataSet that does a running count. Then, in your report, filter your side by side using this column. Then, you should be able to just use this column which will give you your "serial number".
muzy
Thanks for your reply.
I am working on generating mobile bill and my scenario is bit different. I am using a jdbc datasource during design time and I am changing it to oda datasource at runtime to reduce my database hits. In this case how can I do this?
mwilliams
You should be able to use a script variable and script in a dynamic text to track your own line number for the two columns. No need to do it in the dataSet.
prasad.kamble
<p>Hii,</p>
<p> can anyone suggest me how to add serialnumber colunm dynamically through script.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There are many ways to do this. Attached is a sample design that shows 3 ways:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Create a Report Variable and increment its value as part of a computed column in the data set. In the report, this is variable dsRowCnt which is incremented in computed column dsRowCnt in the data set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. Create a Report Variable and increment its value in a data binding at the table level. In the report, this is variable tblRowCnt which is incremented in data bnding serialNumber.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3. At the table level, add a data binding that will display the row number generated automatically by BIRT. In the report, this is data binding RowNumber.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>