Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting chart image resolution when using birt.tld
vidula
I am using birt.tld with report tag to view birt report inside a jsp. Here I have to display 2 charts and non of them are display as big as I want.
The code I am using is:
<birt:report id="summaryLineChart" reportDesign="report/rpt/nonconformance_line_chart.rptdesign"
reportContainer="div"
scrolling="no"
format="html">
<birt:param name="startDate" value="<%= reportStartDate %>"/>
<birt:param name="endDate" value="<%= reportEndDate %>"/>
<birt:param name="department" value="<%= department %>"/>
</birt:report>
What I found was that the image generate here is 96dpi and its size is around 212 X 130 pixels. How to increase the size of the image or dpi to show that in increased size?
I have attached the chart too.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Did you try to set the height and width?
height="450"
width="700"
Jason
vidula
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="109383" data-time="1347647722" data-date="14 September 2012 - 11:35 AM"><p>
Did you try to set the height and width?<br />
height="450"<br />
width="700"<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Yes, but it only increase the outer margin of total report. The report itself is same in size. When I check the image, its only 96 dpi. If there is a way to increase that I think my problem will resolve.
JasonW
Can you open the report and select report background (Do not click on any of the report items, just the canvas) and look at the properties view. In the advanced tab there is an Image DPI setting. Can you try to set this?
Jason
vidula
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="109455" data-time="1347913747" data-date="17 September 2012 - 01:29 PM"><p>
Can you open the report and select report background (Do not click on any of the report items, just the canvas) and look at the properties view. In the advanced tab there is an Image DPI setting. Can you try to set this?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Yes it worked and increase the DPI. Thanks for the help. But the same time to increase the display size of the image I had to manually edit following property in graph xml, that I couldn't found to edit in other way.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<Bounds>
<Left>0.0</Left>
<Top>0.0</Top>
<Width>212.0</Width>
<Height>130.0</Height>
</Bounds>
</pre>
JasonW
Did you try setting height and width in the properties view for the chart. These settings should be passed to the bounds object.
Jason
vidula
Yes, but those boundaries were set in different place. Anyway the final image got the height and width values related to what I mention earlier.