Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The opening design file is not a valid design file ....
maf
I have been editing a BIRT design file in the xml source view directly and now it will not let me load it in layout view saying "The opening design file is not a valid design file or the file does not exist."
I validated the xml structure online and it checks out.
The changes I made were quite numerous and I would lose a day's work if I cannot restore them.
I used Notepad++ as an editor for this file as well, could that have screwed something up (encoding etc.)?
Can I make BIRT talk a bit more about what's bothering it with the file's source?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Did you save with UTF-8 encoding, in notepad?