Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
HTML formating lost when exporting to Word and Excel
zac
Hello,
I'm using BIRT 2.5.2. I've created a hierarchy of items using HTML. The output is fine in the viewer and when I export to PDF. However when I export to Word and/or Excel the indentation is lost.
This is what I'm using in a Expression builder (Javascript) field. The pixels value hold the depth of the item.
'<div style="margin-left:' + pixels + 'px;"><a href="' + row["URL"] + '">' + row["SUMMARY"] + '</a></div>';
Is there a workaround? Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Could you try downloading a newer version and seeing if it works the same? If it does, you could add spaces, instead, in the DOC and XLS outputs.
zac
Spaces would work but I need to keep the indentation when the line wraps around, hence defining a <div> with padding or margin.
mwilliams
Ah. True. I didn't think about that. You could always file a bug at eclipse.org/birt in the bugzilla. They might be able to give you a better explanation of why it doesn't work, too. Could be because of Word and Excel, rather than a BIRT issue.