Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Gantt chart start marker in the Middle of a series
sendu
Hi,
Is it possible to add a start marker/ end marker in the middle(or somewhere) of a series ?
For example I have date in the x-axis, on a given date I need to add a marker(point marker)rather than staring or ending position.
give me some guidance on this.
Thanks
Senduran
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Why not use a scatter plot, with your date on the x-axis and your value on the y-axis? Am I misunderstanding something?
sendu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109462" data-time="1347915786" data-date="17 September 2012 - 02:03 PM"><p>
Why not use a scatter plot, with your date on the x-axis and your value on the y-axis? Am I misunderstanding something?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
Thanks for the response Michael. Similar to scatter plot is needed. but, it should be combined with gantt chart. I mean on top of the gantt chart series <br />
Is that possible ?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Senduran
mwilliams
You'll probably have to change the source to get the gantt chart to have this feature.
sendu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109477" data-time="1347947407" data-date="17 September 2012 - 10:50 PM"><p>
You'll probably have to change the source to get the gantt chart to have this feature.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi<br />
Can you please explain a little further on changing the source or if possible please give me an example.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Senduran
mwilliams
I mean to change the chart plugin to have this option, you'd probably have to download the BIRT source code and change the gantt chart plugin to have an option to place a "middle marker". I don't have an example of this. It would be a custom fix, by you. You could also just request this as an enhancement, to future versions by filing an enhancement request in the bugzilla at www.eclipse.org/birt.
sendu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109513" data-time="1347987073" data-date="18 September 2012 - 09:51 AM"><p>
I mean to change the chart plugin to have this option, you'd probably have to download the BIRT source code and change the gantt chart plugin to have an option to place a "middle marker". I don't have an example of this. It would be a custom fix, by you. You could also just request this as an enhancement, to future versions by filing an enhancement request in the bugzilla at www.eclipse.org/birt.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
Thanks Michael. I am not sure how I am going to start this. But I'll try my best <br />
<br />
Senduran
mwilliams
I didn't think of this before, but if you were to split your gantt range into two series and just color them the same, you could put a start marker on the second series or a end marker on the first series to get a marker in the middle of the overall series. Just a thought, to avoid tackling the source. If you give me a sample of data and tell me your BIRT version, I can show you an example of what I mean.
sendu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109534" data-time="1348028692" data-date="18 September 2012 - 09:24 PM"><p>
I didn't think of this before, but if you were to split your gantt range into two series and just color them the same, you could put a start marker on the second series or a end marker on the first series to get a marker in the middle of the overall series. Just a thought, to avoid tackling the source. If you give me a sample of data and tell me your BIRT version, I can show you an example of what I mean.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
I want to add a marker in a specific date. I'll attach my data and report. in the data there is column named markerDate. I want to add marker on the corresponding series for the markerDate. I think rather than split in different size may helpful. Please give me an idea.<br />
(I tried with axis marker. but it intersect all the series which are containing that date. so start marker is better)<br />
My BIRT SDK version: 3.7.2 <br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Senduran
mwilliams
Take a look:
sendu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="109557" data-time="1348064001" data-date="19 September 2012 - 07:13 AM"><p>
Take a look:<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
Thanks a lot Michael. This is Brilliant !!!!<br />
<br />
Thanks again,<br />
Senduran
mwilliams
You're welcome. Let us know whenever you have questions!