Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab -data not to sort alphabetically
patsuyash
Hi All,
Im using Birt 3.7 community edition to design a crosstab report. I wanted to display data as :
| 4/2012 | 5/2012 |
| amount| amount |
FRAL RBI | 16854 | 12363 |
xis Bank Limited | 55150 | 55150 |
BSE | 225562| 225562 |
ASE | 225562| 225562 |
.
.
...
..
.
NSE | 225562| 225562 |
but when i populate data in cross tab it gets sorted as, even when im not adding any sort key to the crosstab in property editor :
| 4/2012 | 5/2012 |
| amount| amount |
FRAL RBI | 16854 | 12363 |
xis Bank Limited | 55150 | 55150 |
BSE | 225562| 225562 |
ASE | 225562| 225562 |
.
.
...
..
.
NSE | 225562| 225562 |
find attached rptdesign in have been working on although its connect to pojo data source can any one suggest any solution ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm guessing you wanted to change the how it's currently looking to have ASE, first, above because I don't see a difference. Pretty sure I'm understanding though. Take a look at this devShare post.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1172-sorting-a-crosstab-by-a-field-not-in-the-crosstab/
You can use a runningcount computed column in your dataSet, then use this column as your attribute.